Saturday, May 28, 2011

BiTtErSwEeT

I am 12.5 school days away from having a year of teaching comPLETED! It is so surreal, and quite bitter sweet. On one hand, I am so ready to have a break from monitoring occupying and spending 6 hours a day with 22 five and six year olds, but the other side of me wonders what I will do without them!! They have become my little world and I love them to pieces. They are SO ready for first grade though, and we are all ready for a little break :)

As for after 11:00 on June 16th, who knows. Analisa doesn't finish school until June 24th, and our lease isn't up until June 30th, so she and I will stay here until then, doing last minute running around spokane things, packing up, and saying farewell to R apartment. Everything these days seems to be bittersweet. No quesion, the past 11 months in the Prar have been the most amazing, full of adventures with my bestie, but I am also so excited to be in Portland for a bit.

As for teaching? I'll most likely either be in Seattle or Portland, wherever wants me :)

Weekend highlights so far?
- Went to Stix for dinner with Analisa, followed by icecream and wine and 12 episodes of the hills.
-This morning breakfast of eggs(Analisa) cantelope (me) and corn bread (Keith).
- Starbucks date with Anal.

Take heart my friends. enjoy each day.

2 comments:

Claire said...

It is very bittersweet, but sweet things are coming your way! Can't wait to be all together in less than 2 weeks!

Lindsay J said...

It sounds like you've learned so much and have had such a great year. You're moving on to more awesome experiences I'm sure!