Sunday, August 10, 2008

i watched the olympics today in french. Ben has started calling me Ebay,

I am beginning to realize how much I am going to miss this family. Today Lou took my hand as we were walking and said "I like you." I had the kids this weekend so Rog and Perrine could have a weekend vacation, and you know what? This family is great. Even though there isn't a day where I sit down and Lou or Ben says "KETCHUP PLEASE!!!" or "CAN I HAVE ONE TOO SI'L TU PLAIT???" I am going to miss them terribly. At least they have the please down ;) I was thinking today how strange it could have been to live with a family for six weeks that I didn't really know that well before this summer but I feel completely comfortable here. Thats enough of me being sentimental.
So mom, don't worry. I am completely happy and safe here. And I still love you and dad and brother the best :) :)
And Rog and Perrine, thank you.

Just a few minutes ago, as I was sitting on my bed typing an email, I hear a whole bunch of noises. My first thought was thunder, then I remembered I am in the South of France :)
I thought it would go away, but it didn't, so I go explore, and what do I find? a MILLION fireworks. So I went and sat out on the terrace for a few minutes and watched them all. I have no idea what they were for, but they were nice.

1 comment:

Rog said...

Em - here's what the fireworks were all about:

http://www.saint-pauldevence.com/agenda-detail.php?event=142#

Happy translating!

Rog