Saturday, September 18, 2010

From room 203 to 101 we go

Thursday, I arrive to Longfellow to find the front office staff quite confused that the subdesk showed me as only to be there half a day. After many calls between principals and HR personnel, I was told that I was to report to Logan (my new school) at noon that day, not the next day as planned.

Emotions were heavy as I left my third graders in the lunch room, and headed off down the road to Logan. I was embraced my smiles and hugs by my new fellow teachers.

I am on a kindergarten team along with three other ladies who are WONDERFUL. In a strange way, I feel like Logan is where I am supposed to be and feel a lot more at peace than I did at Longfellow. So, I spent Thursday PM and all day Friday setting up my classroom. Here is what it looks like as of Friday PM.






I get my kiddos Monday morning!

My birthday was wonderful. I am constantly reminded of how amazing my friends are. I woke up Thursday morning to find the whole appartment decorated by Analisa, along with chocolate chip and two iced grande no whip mochas for us to share.

Upon returning from a stressful day transitioning between two schools, Analisa, Jimmy and Keith celebrate my day with me with a wonderful Mexican feast, compliments of "Analisa's" cooking skills :) Along with a wonderful dessert and fun with 3 of my best friends.

Last night we continued the celebrations over at the boys. To all our absent corner house girls, we need you. Last night ended up being me, Analisa and ten boys. We missed you so much.

Now I continue making lesson plans. Here we go Logan Lions.

3 comments:

Lindsay J said...

Let's go Li-ons!

Life is Beautiful said...

so happy you enjoyed your birthday! ahh..garland alley? Have a great first monday with the kiddos :)

Claire said...

Kindergarten! Yay! Glad you had a good bday Ebay...it will be one that you remember, that's for sure : )