Friday, September 10, 2010

learning to trust.

To keep everyone posted, as promised, here is the update on my job.

Staffing was today, and it turns out, I will not get to stay with my kids for the remainder of the year. Since I was a sub-start, I knew this was a possibility going into the school year, but did not anticipate the emotions that would come attached.

Basically what it comes down to is the numbers are too low in the primary grades, and the district won't fund an "extra" teacher to keep the numbers low, even though it would be beneficial to the kids. So, I, being the sub-start, got removed.

So what that means is, after next Friday, after I have transitioned the new teacher into my classroom and said goodbyes, I am unemployed. HA.

All the staff at LF have been so wonderful and encouraging and supportive, and are very upset with the outcome. The hardest part is knowing I have a week with my kids, and that's it. The last thing these kids need is another person leaving them. They have enough of that in their homes, and I know they won't understand.

On the plus side, there is NO DOUBT in my mind, that there is something planned for me, and for my kids. God is good and has never let me down, I just can't see the whole picture right now. I am so lucky to know this and have someone to count on.

Another plus side? Mom and Dad are driving up tomorrow to spend the weekend at R apartment. Can't wait to see them.

So, I sit, at the service station, planning next weeks lessons for my kids. We have a math assessment and I know they will rock it.

2 comments:

Lindsay J said...

I'm sorry Eebs. Keep up the good attitude and I'll send a prayer your way. "God's got his hand on you, I already know!" Love love love.

Andrea Boysun said...

I'm sorry Ebay. You are right about God having something incredible for you around the corner. Ditto what Lindz said, "Your gonna do great things I already know." Love you!