Thursday, August 19, 2010

a 6 year old told me to "stay classy" today.

so it has basically been forever since I have updated this.

No internet still, so the library it is! However, i finally upgraded and got a new phone, which conveniently sends me all my emails :) So i'm able to keep up on job openings and random facebook comments :)

I spent an AMAZING weekend in Portland last weekend. Team Baylis had just about 36 hours together, but they were amazing. I spent Friday with the Sherwoods (the family I lived with in France). That was so much fun. We went out to lunch and on a "stroll" got coffee, and went shopping. It was like a time warp. it felt 100% that I was living with them again and it was just a normal outing for us. My mom said that's how I know they will be forever friends. 2 years of just emailing and it felt completely normal and wonderful to be with them. my little lou lou has grown up so much, and ben is the same sweet, lego loving boy.

Dad and I were able to have our sushi date, mom and i were able to have our nordstroms date, team baylis had a few bbqs, all accompanied me to the airport, along with smores night, shooting stars night and many more adventures. I love you guys.

Tomorrow I leave for GAGA!!!!!!!!!! Keith and I are heading to the airport where we will be met by Analisa, with Lindsay and Jimmy not far behind! So excited for a reunion with them.

Licorice still has not calved, but Addy and I had a scare today when something was coming out... hahah. just a fluid, I wont go into too many details, but I have read the "raising beef cattle" book 3 times now, focusing especially on the delivering calf section. I don't know if "proud" is the word im looking for, but I can properly label all parts of a cow, as well as all the fluids and steps of calving... is that weird?

Tuesday is Addy's 7th birthday, so Kristine and I have been planning her "7 fun things to do when your 7." It is starting at 7 am and will end at 7 pm. I love my girls. It will be a fun day.

Addy and I went on the carousel today down town. I alwasy get way more excited about things than she does and she always has to tell me to not make a scene, and "stay classy"

Visited Sean and Matt last night (our old manager/downstairs apt neighbors). It was good to see them, they moved literally a street away, where Sean is now managing different real estate.

What else?

I don't know. But it's just about time for me to print my boarding pass and head to walmart to pick up a few things (sorry mom and dad).

Much Love.

1 comment:

pdxtom said...

Soooooo, Addy sez 'stay classy" and the first thing you do is head to WalMart - class move there, Em. Next thing we know, you'll be moving into a trailer... ;^p