Saturday, August 7, 2010

It's official.....

...Sean and Matt have moved out. Gucci, shoulder shrugs, Ski Goggle Extreme Motorsports and illegal fish will no longer be a part of our lives. No, I was not too attached to our landlord and his roommate who lived in the apartment below Analisa, but the reason for this introduction is that...our free internet left along with their wild 3 am parties, whistles from below our balcony, and countless invitations to come "chill." Upon returning from 12 Garage Sales, a trip to Target, Goodwill and T.J. Maxx, I arrived home to see a Comcast van in front of R apartment. The green wireless icon was no longer present on my desktop, no matter which corner of each room, closet or bedroom I tried to go to, to "borrow" the internet from another neighbor. Well, I did not succeed. Luckily, my beloved Starbucks never lets me down, so with my treat receipt in hand, I arrived to yet again find free internet.

So here I am, accompanied by a grande ice water and vanilla bean frappacino, (already got my iced grande no whip mocha today) a stack of overdue thank you notes, and my trusty headphones, that only work in the left ear.

I had a fun week with my girls. We had a kitchen extravaganza yesterday afternoon. I made 2 batches of lasagna, while the girls "experimented" making crazy kitchen concoctions, many of which are the typical child recipes of hot sauce, brown sugar and what ever else they can get their hands on... but they did have two successes, one in testing at what degree sugar melts (375) which led to the topping of creme brulee, as well as squeezing about 100 grapes to make "grape juice." I love my girls.

Tomorrow morning at 6 am, Keith, his friend and I are going to my farm to help Paul bale the hay. Well, it is already baled, but I will be driving the tractor from field to barn, while the boys load it up. It will be an experience none the less, but the boys seem to be excited about it. HAHA. Hopefully Licorice will have had her calf so I can play while the boys work. Of course.

Muchhhhhhhh love to you all.
Missing all my girls. I am officially the only one of the corner house girls in Spokane this weekend. Em will be back soon, Analisa on the 23rd, Joanna at the end of the weekendand Claire for 2 quick days before going to her real job in Seattle. Lindsay, Ande and Danika... you are missed lots by the old Spoke.

Peace out.

4 comments:

Claire said...

I love all of your details. How much "juice" did the kiddos make? Also, did you get pictures of yourself on the tractor...I HAVE to see those. You are becoming more and more of a farmbay everyday. I love it. Thank you again for driving me to the airport!

Life is Beautiful said...

I can't believe I couldn't be there when the boys moved out :( sad sad day!

emilybaylis said...

Claire, yes I have pictures today of me on the tractor. Keith and his friend moved all the hay off the fields and to the barn while I drove the tractor!! it was quite the experience!!

Andrea Boysun said...

I miss you Ebay!!!! How come your friendly neighbors moved out? I missed that. Much love from Seattle!! I am coming on Weds!