Sunday, November 7, 2010

The holidays have a special feeling about them.

I am feeling on top of the world.

I love my job. Honestly, growing up and graduating, I never expected that I would actually want to wake up and go to work everyday. At 6:30 my alarm tells me it is time, and while I, like any other human would love to snooze for an hour plus, I think about where I get to go. I have 24 students who brighten my day everyday, that's not to say that everyday has its challenges, but every one is worth it. I love the responsibility of being the protector of these children. No matter how much one of my kids may bug me when they CAN'T stop talking, if they fall on the playground, I feel like a mother with the concern in my heart for each of my kids. I can't wait to go back each day and make a difference in these kids lives. No, I didn't grow up in a neighborhood where it was no big deal for the SWAT team to show up, for amber alerts to be put out on my classmates, but God did give me a heart and the strength to serve these kids.

Thursday night 2nd Harvest foodbank brought 6,000 pounds of food to hand out to our families. Borders donated 1000 dollars worth of prizes for a Bingo night literacy event, and each kid walked away with 2 new books. Good things are happening.

Analisa and I got our first peppermint mocha of the season, in the much loved holiday starbucks cups, courtesy of Claire for our princess day treat :) Thanks Clairey you are so thoughtful.

We then went to the Dollar Tree to buy gifts for our "Operation Christmas Child" shoe boxes. I love this time of the year and how giving people become. I just wonder, why can't this spirit be consistent, from myself as well, all year long?

I purchased new snow tires this weekend. That was huge. I feel so grown up, buying things like tires, by myself, with my own money, not relying on my parents anymore. However, I do still appreciate all they do for me and where they have gotten me to in life. Go team Baylis.

The clouds are moving so quickly outside, my ear and sinus infection are seeming to dissapear, thanks to last nights margaritas probably :)

Keep high spirits this week people.

All the world will fade, one thing will remain, love that took our place.
All the world will fade, still our hope remains, in amazing grace, love that took our place. Jesus took my place.

Have a good week.

2 comments:

Life is Beautiful said...

I am so happy you love your job! those kindies are sooooo lucky to have you. I love hearing all your stories :) i especially love getting leaves from your students!

Lindsay J said...

Ohhh this is so hopeful! Apparently tequila is medicine. My friend said it cured his sickness too. Those mexicans know what they're doing.