Saturday, July 19, 2008

hey emily, want to go to italy?

Today this morning we went swimming in the Mediterranean Sea for a couple hours. It was sooo nice. Like a pool, but it was a bit tricky becasue the beach is stones. I played volleyball a bit with Ben, and swam too. Then we went home and had our typical lunch. Then, I rested! I took a nap and read and showered. Perrine's mother adn father live in Cagnes s mer right on the beach. The kids are there tonight while Perrine, Rog and I go to a Jazz festival in the city. Should be fun. I had a whole conversation about Jelly fish with Perrine's mother in French! I got a bit sunburned, but I applied sun cream every half hour at least. It was crazy. I went to the french "super market" this afternoon with Rog. It was an expereince... ha. Everything is just so crazy here. The lifestyle is soooo laid back and relaxed but everyone goes so fast in public. Driving is out of control fast on tiny roads. and the same was in the supermarket. Today when we were driving back to the house, Rog asked me "would you like to go to Italy?" So I said yes. It is less than a half hour away, so we will go soon. We couldn't go this afternoon becasue of the festival we are going to. We are also going to Paris next weekend. Perrine's brother has a condo five minues walk from the Eiffel Tower, in central paris and he is gone in Vietnam so we will stay there. Wow. this place is great. Rog told me I wouldnt be too much of a tourist if I started taking more pictures, so I think I will. FAMILY I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU AND WILL CALL YOU SOON!

No comments: