Friday, July 18, 2008

ohhhh how i love the south of france.






This will be a quick one because I am tired.



Today we walked around old and new Nice. It is just beautiful. I haven't taken many pictures becasue when I am with the family, I just don't feel very touristy. When I explore on my own on the weekends, I will take more pictures. But here is a picture of Old Nice:






Here is a picture of the sea:




We walked around there for a couple hours, came back here and had lunch. the kids were pretty tired, i've been wearing them out, so we rested this afternoon. And when I say rested, I mean we played uno and the wii and ate chocolat. We picked over 500 plums yesterday. We also de-stoned them today. That was fun. HA. Ben and I dominated it.

I survived my first French dinner party tonigth. The Sherwoods had friends over and it was fun. A five course meal in French. A little bit in English to include me, but I followed a long pretty well. I'm finding that I can understand a lot more than I think. Speaking with the kids is great practice. It is easier for me to do that and ask the children for help with words.

Well i'm tired.

We are going swimming in the sea in the morning, so I should get rested. Then a music festival cote d' azur at night. I am done working for the week, but will probably stay close this weekend becasue I don't know yet what to do on the weekends!

A bientot!

1 comment:

pdxtom said...

Hey dau, sounds like a pretty nice first week there! Have fun this weekend...