Friday, July 16, 2010

I became a mother of 25 today.

What did I do at work today?
Well let me tell you, at the farm, things don't ever really go quite as planned. It was planned that when I arrived to work at 7:45, the girls would be up and ready and the girls, their mom and I would head over to Nordstroms! Well, at 3:30 am their chicks arrived for Texas, so with a 5:30am phone call, she told them we would be there by 8:30. So off we went to go pick the chicks up from the post office. 25 of them.

We did make it to Nordstroms, had breakfast, shopped for a couple hours, and had lunch. The Cafe manager LOVES us. Anyways, we then had to go to Aslin-Finch (a farm pet/seed store) where we got everything we needed. The manager thought it was hilarious that I was going to be the ones raising the chicks this summer, and gave me a entitled: "managing your small flock."

Now for those of you who don't know. I hate birds. They terrify me. But when I was given the assignment of raising these chicks this summer, I fell in love. Addy, Syd and I created a pen for the chicks, and named each and every one of them.






I know you probably don't believe me, but I can name half of them just with a glance. My favorite is Martin. He is Black with white tipped wings and a yellow tipped beak. We also have Owly, Leopard, Algae, Mr. and Mrs. Owie. Bitey, Bully and Meany, Witch, Fluffy, hmmm who else? Little guy and leg breaker. That's all I can remember right now. Don't judge me. I'm a farm girl.

Much love.

1 comment:

Andrea Boysun said...

Awwwwww that is so cute Ebay!!! Congratulations on your new babies!! :)