Monday, July 19, 2010

While I was babysitting tonight, the kids and I were playing in the front yard. While I was making a fool of myself rolling down the grass hill with my kiddos, in the yard next door sat/scootered 6 middleschool or highschool kids. I couldn't tell. 3 boys, 3 girls. It was so funny to watch them awkwardly interact with each other. The other day when Analisa and I were at the pool, a group of middleschool girls showed up and their conversations were astounding. I am so glad I am over that stage of my life. A few days later, when we were back to the pool, a few young moms told us how lucky we were to have our bodies, and be able to lay around reading a book with out having to watch a bunch of kids, that we had birthed too young.

I just feel so happy with the place I am in life right now.
I have no prospective job opportunities right now, but i'm having the time of my life running around the farm, decorating mine and Analisa's apartment, and buying plane tickets to go see Lady Gaga with three wonderful friends. I can build a fairy house with Addy, then a few hours later talk with a favorite professor about the opportunity of teaching in Tanzania.

We have all made fun of our beloved Analisa for getting emotional and saying "we are so luckyyyyy" but truth is, she's got it down. We are so lucky. I have amazing friends, a supportive family, strong communities here and at home, and passions and dreams that no one can stop.

My challenge for myself is to enjoy. It is so easy to get frustrated when the 2 year old has learned to climb out of her crib and does so every 5 minutes, just because she can. Or when the bridge over the falls is closed and you have to take a detour. But i'll tell you. When you look in that baby's eye and she says "I love you Miss Emily" It's worth the frequent trips off the couch, as you try to keep posted on Ali's life, whether she will choose Chris or Roberto.

Enjoy tomorrow. Find the joy in inconvenience.
Much love.

1 comment:

Life is Beautiful said...

ah I'm so happy you appreciate my emotions :) I love you! We sure are lucky!