Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I spent last fourth of July at the Timm family ranch. Amy Timm has been a good friend of mine since freshman year of highschool. She has a wonderful family and she is one of the few people I stay connected with from my shaky highschool years. Each fourth of July, Amy and her brother Austen make a country CD. I got to see Amy this weekend and she gave me the newest "God Bless Amuhrica" CD, which accompanied me on my drive back to Spokane. One song imparticular (track 2) has been constantly in my mind. It's called Love Like Crazy, by Lee Brice.

The chorus says:

Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I Love You
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin knees get lazy
And love like crazy

I think we too often forget how quickly our time can be taken away from us.

While at home I read a quite depressing Jodi Picoult book (the two seem to be synonymous to each other) about a school shooting. The book rocked my world in a way I can't explain.

This morning there was a massive car accident at the intersection of Analisa and my apartment, and when I drove by later and saw the remains of a few demolished cars, I was quickly reminded of how precious time is.

A group of us just graduated college. We are in a whole new place in our lives, and I just am constantly reminded how blessed I am and to not take things in my life for granted.

Tomorrow I return to the farm. To my girls, to my cows, and to a silent peace that is impossible to be found in the city.


I have had a wonderfully relaxing week off from work. Spent today at the pool and starbucks, followed by tutoring, cooking dinner and cookies with Analisa, and watching So you think you Can Dance? With Claire, Analisa and Joseph. He is a trooper.

Have a wonderful day tomorrow.
Much love.

No comments: