Friday, July 23, 2010

I had a wonderfully amazing Friday.

Here is a little play by play of my day.

7:45am Arrive at the farm. Kristine (the mom) didn't want to go to work today, so she didn't! The girls slept in forever, so she and I made pancakes, ate them. Went out to garden, came back in for more pancakes, chatted, the girls woke up, we had more pancakes. Then the four of uswent to Walmart, Starbucks and back home for pizza. The we all did a little cleaning, baking, and farming. I spent some great time with Chantel... my favorite cow if you havent been following... changed the baby chicks pen... collected eggs...and then it was 3:00! Kristine gave me a blender for R apartment, and a couple of steaks to BBQ this weekend!! Then after work I went and visited the horses.


OH EXCEPT THE WORSE THING OF ALL.....
TODAY WHEN I WAS MAKING COOKIES... I CRACKED AN EGG OPEN AND THERE WAS A DEAD BLOODY BABY CHICK. disgusting.

I feel like this summer is really good for me. I'm growing a lot and doing a lot of things out of my comfort zone, like transporting 24(one died) baby chicks from crate to crate while they are flapping their wings. There is no way on earth I would have done that prior to this summer. I'm learning that things need to be done, and I sometimes am the one that has to do it. Even though I know about responsibility, being the only adult on the farm most of the time (except when Kristine plays hookie :) ) I have a lot of responsibilities that cannot be ignored.

I feel on top of the world. Love the farm. Love the sun. Liana is here visiting. The weekend holds great promise.

Much love

2 comments:

Claire said...

Now you have to discover which cow had a calf! Take pictures of the lil calf for us!!!!

Lindsay J said...

Ebay you're touching birds??!?! I'm jealous of your farming life. I want to see the calf too!