Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I finally saw WHALES!!!

Today was a half day at school, so at 130 we left with Candace. (the aid in my classroom who helps with the students learning English). She has been wanting to take us around and show us some history on the island which was awesome, and SO FUNNY. she is a hilarious lady. Anyways, we went to the place where King Kamehameha was born, saw the original statue that he was given LONNNNG time ago from England, we went to Waikaloa and saw the dolphins but the best ever... WE SAW WHALES!!! MULTIPLE TIMES!!!!!!!!!! we would just pull over on the side of the road and THERE THEY WERE! I am convinced one of them was half moon (the whale I adopted through the whale adoption project about 10 years ago) because right when i said his name and told the girls about him, this one whale started waving. it was half moon. i know it was. he heard my voice and we were reconnected. it was a magical moment.

No comments: