Sunday, January 17, 2010

What a fun weekend we have had, and it's not over.
Furlough Friday we went to the beach, then spent some time at my second home, starbucks, and did some work on our portfolios.
Saturday was about the same. Beach in the morning, and relax/hw in the afternnoon.

Today, my amazing new friend Candace (the ESL tutor from my 1st grade class) took me and my girls out to green sands beach. First we went to the city of refuge. in the 1800s when King Kemehameha was ruling, this area in the south of the big island was a place where those who had been convicted of a crime could run to, and if they got there, they were safe from all harm, even by the king. So that was a cool history/cultural thing to experience.
Then we drove to greensands, you have to completely off road to get there (Candace drove us in her car, ya?) We stayed there for a while while Candace, her husband and her sons rode dirt bikes. Then we all drove to this bay and they cooked a wonderful dinner. Candace is so amazing. We had really great chats today and she is just wonderful.

Here are some pictures from the weekend :)
Then you can decide if I can keep my camera dad :)

No comments: